Wednesday 10 June 2009

Route for blind people

When you walk on Shanghai roads, you see and actually feel one really bumping line that is made of brick. It really hurts your feet and damages your shoes and heels. You find this bumping line everywhere you go - big roads, small, even metro has it. It's so annoying and drives me crazy, my poor shoes suffer so much. At first I thought it's separation line for walking and riding bicycles, something like you have in Belguim for example.

But NO! I learned it later that this bumping route is for blind people! How cool is that, ha? The tiny thing - being here for almost a month I haven't seen a single blind person!

2 comments:

Shanghai Fish said...

Maria,
I have just written about your Shanghai experience with a link to your blog today.

check out http://shanghaistephen.blogspot.com/

hope you're having a great time there. btw why are you not posting regularly ? busy huh ?
Take care and cheers !

Jane said...

Masha!!! You can BLOG!!! I am so excited to follow it again... =))